Project Brainstorm

 1. I do not have an idea in particular for this platform so I know I will need to brainstorm more. I want to try to use Twine. I remember it from last year and it seems like a fun interactive way to tell a story. The problem with this is, is that I do not know what story I want to convey through it. 

2.  There is always the option of doing a burn book style for these epics. This could navigate through the drama present in Indian epics because there are many different gods and goddesses. It could also focus on other people that are not gods but are involved in godly affairs. My inspiration from this draws from my previous storybook project and also from a project of a former student that wrote in a Gossip Girl inspired tone. 

3. I recently watch a volleyball anime called Haikyu!! and I know that someone made a basketball version of Indian mythology. The idea of something along those lines sticks out to me, but I do not know if it would flow well or how to set that up. I think that I found a comic that may work in a way to set up the main characters or to put them in the positions of the shows main characters. I need to go to the library this week, but I think that the comic of the The Giant and the Dwarf. I am leaning towards this more as I feel most passionate about the background of this idea, I just need to find a good myth of characters that could represent the two characters along with an idea of "teams" they face. 

4. The last idea would be something about the history of the Holi festival. I would make it sort of non- fiction in facts, but also have fictional characters that navigate the festival. I read that it is to celebrate love and the triumph of good over evil so maybe it is a person finding love while encountering the myths and gods associated with the festival. I definitely would need to research more, but it is a start. 



Woman at Holi Festival (UnSplash


Comments

Popular Posts