Microfictions: Sita Meets Rama

A Story of Love at First Sight
He stood in front of me and my heart stopped. He was the one I was going to marry. I could feel it in every bone in my body. Even if he failed my father's test I know he is the one. But he won't fail. I have no doubt that this man named Rama will be the one to lift the bow. But what if he is not you ask? Well I guess I have to do things my own way. We could run away together and live a happy life. That will be my husband. He is Rama. 

Sita's Confidence
This man will lift the bow. 


Sources used: M. DuttR. DuttGouldGriffithHodgsonMackenzieNiveditaOmanRichardson, and Ryder.

Rama breaking Shiva's Dhanush (bow) to win Sita as wife (Wikipedia)

Author's Note: It seems as if both Rama and Sita knew they were meant for each other so I just wrote the thoughts of Sita. They are very typical thoughts that I believe someone who was truly in love immediately might have, but also sounds kind of like a movie. I wanted to display that Sita already knew that Rama would win and that she was ready for him to as well. 

Comments

  1. Hello Keana! This was the first microfiction I have read this semester, and what a great story to read first. I think you did an amazing job capturing all of Sita's emotions during that first glance at Rama. I especially liked how confident she was in Rama's ability to bend the bow, and her determination to marry him even if he somehow failed the task. Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keana, this is my first time reading a microficition like this – and I really enjoyed it! It gave a big story in just a few sentences. I was able to imagine the whole scene. I was also able to feel the emotion Sita was going through when she was wondering if Rama would be able to pick up the bow or not. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts