Storybook Favorites

1. The Karma Diaries

    The Karma Diaries is a storybook that is extremely interesting to me. It adds a bit of flair and exaggerates the drama of the epics while also adding some modern bits of social media. In a way it reminds me a bit of Judge Judy which I always found to be a funny show. I think this story resonates with me because of my previous storybook for the Mythology and Folklore class. Stirring and focusing on the drama of stories is something that I find entertaining and easy to write about because mythology and folklore is constantly filled with drama so all you have to do is add a modern take on it!

2. Gossip Girl Ayodhya

    This one has such a fun premise that I really found a liking to. It reminds me of a sister version of my old storybook form last semester. As I am new to the class and do not really know much of who is who the introduction was a little confusing, but written well and I could tell it would be an exciting dramatic book. I like that they wrote it in the style of gossip girl with the spotted headers and the imagery they chose to display in each title was colorful and telling. They chided in a bit here and there to give thoughts and inform readers which I found very helpful as someone new to the stories and Indian Epics. 

3. The Ultimate Sita Fan Page

    I found this storybook to be quite interesting as well. It focused on Sita and was based on different version and portrayals. I think what I found most interesting was the switch up in writing styles used when looking at different versions of Sita. This made reading more interesting and less monotonous. They provided vibrant and colorful images that catch the readers eye as well. This one was very informative but also was able to give some narration and personality especially in the second story. 

Book open with glasses and a cup of coffee (UnSplash)

Comments

Popular Posts